Womens International Day Quotes
91. The most courageous act is to think for yourself. Aloud. Coco Chanel
92. I dont like to gamble, but if theres one thing Im willing to bet on, its myself. Beyoncé Knowles
93. The question isnt whos going to let me its whos going to stop me. Ayn Rand
94. Human rights are womens rights, and womens rights are human rights. Hillary Clinton
95. Human rights are womens rights, and womens rights are human rights. Hillary Clinton
96. How wrong it is for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants rather than to create it herself. Anais Nin
97. I do not wish women to have power over men but over themselves. Mary Shelley
98. Its okay if you fall down and lose your spark. Just make sure that when you get back up, you rise as the whole damn fire. Colette Warden
99. There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish. Michelle Obama
100. In our society, the women who break down barriers are those who ignore limits Arnold Schwarzenegger
101. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt
102. Woman is the companion of man, gifted with equal mental capacity. Mahatma Gandhi
103. There is no force more powerful than a woman determined to rise. W.E.B. Dubois
104. Extremists have shown what frightens them most. A girl with a book. Malala Yousafzai.
105. Empowering women isnt just the right thing to do, its the smart thing to do. Barack Obama
Spiritual Womens Day Messages & Quotes 2023
The empowered woman is powerful beyond measure and beautiful beyond description. Steve Maraboli
Happy Womens Day Wishes
Cheer up the amazing and supportive women in your life on this upcoming International Womens Day with your special best wishes.
A beautiful woman draws strength from troubles, smiles during distress and grows stronger with prayers & hope. Wishing you a very Happy Womans Day
Recommended Reading: The Story Of The Woman At The Well
How To Celebrate Womens Day
Though IWD is a global celebration, not all countries celebrate it the same way.
In some countries, it is a day of celebration of womanhood in others, it is a day of protest.
In some counties, it is an official public holiday, in some countries it is a holiday for women. And in some countries, it is completely ignored.
We can take part in the IWD celebration in many ways. People organize local, national and worldwide events for the IWD. Generally, local communities, organizations, charities, womens networks, and political parties organize such events. And these events range from festivals, exhibitions, conferences, and gatherings.
Dont stop until youre proud. Unknown
Some people prefer to celebrate by giving gifts to the women in their life.
If not gifts, we can recognize and celebrate the womanhood on this IWD by simply wishing them Happy IWD.
Check these Valentines Day Wishes.
Live What You Believe Booklet
Welcome to the Live What You Believe Booklet designed to equip stakeholders and leaders to support freedom of religion and womens empowerment. We conducted dozens of interviews with womens rights advocates and religious freedom experts from around the world.
Complementing these interviews, we interwove case studies and womens personal stories about the benefits of religious freedom they shared in their workplace and community. We hope this LWYB Booklet stimulates rich conversations and fruitful advocacy efforts that shift the culture to support greater religious freedom worldwide.
To read the booklet, click here.
To download the booklet, click here.
Also Check: Women’s Special Occasion Dresses Plus Size
To Celebrate International Womens Day 2022 We Asked Some Of Our Members And Wider Hospitality Family To Tell Us What International Womens Day Meant To Them
Lorraine Copes MIH | Be Inclusive Hospitality
International Womens Day is an opportunity to shine a spotlight on the phenomenal women who are doing great things within their respective fields and acknowledging how far we have come. It is also a day, where it is important to talk about the much-needed work still necessary, and how far we are yet to go in achieving gender equality.
KatariinaReissar AIH | IoH Youth Council
International Womens Day to me is a celebration and appreciation of women across the world. Its a day when women are recognised and we show support to each other for everything that we have accomplished.
Fiona Jarvis | CEO Blue Badge Style Ltd & Member of the IoH Future Forum on equality, diversity and inclusion
International Womens Day makes me remember all the strong women in my life who have helped me be the best person I can be.
Vandana Dass | Davenport Solicitors
Its a time to celebrate what women have achieved so far and it reminds me that theres still more to do. I believe the saying be the change you wish to see in the world and thats exactly what I aspire to do.
Sarah Tester MIH | Lifehouse Spa & Hotel
International Womens Day is a chance to celebrate all that Women have achieved throughout history, but more importantly highlight how far there still is to go to achieve gender parity, so that all women worldwide have the opportunities they deserve.
Sarah Peters MIH | IoH Head of Commercial Development & Events
International Womens Day Quotes Wife
She believed she could, so she did Unknown
A strong woman can also be vulnerable. Just because theres a crack in your armor, dont doubt your strength for one moment >
Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the face. Unknown
If you have a dream, make it a goal > Unknown
Sometimes its the princess who kills the dragon and saves the prince > Samuel Lowe
Little girls with dreams become women with vision >
If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun > Katherine Hepburn
We realize the importance of our voice when we are silenced > Malala Yousafzai
Its okay if you fall down and lose your spark. Just make sure that when you get back up, you rise as the whole damn fire > Werden
A woman is like a tea bag: You cant tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water > Eleanor Roosevelt
Whats the greatest lesson a woman should learn? That since day one, shes already had everything she needs within herself. Its the world that convinced her she did not > Rupi Kaur
Also Check: Symptoms Of Autism In Adult Women
Best International Womens Day Quotes 2022 Break The Bias
Today, March 8th, marks International Womens Day 2022across the globe, which you can celebrate by sharing these fitting quotes.
The 2022 United Nations theme for this years International Womens Day is gender equality today for a sustainable tomorrow. The theme aims to highlight the gender equality during the global climate crisis.
Why International Womens Day
After women gained suffrage in Soviet Russia in 1917,, became a national holiday there. The day was then chiefly celebrated by the socialist movement and communist countries. Finally, in 1975 it was officially adopted by the United Nations. This is the point of focus in the movement for Womens Rights.
Today International Womens Day is successfully recognized & celebrated worldwide even as a public holiday in some countries. It is a day that celebrates Womanhood.
Happy Womens Day to All of You! Have a Great Day Ahead and keep Smiling
Read Also: Why Do Women Have Hysterectomies
What Is The Theme For Womens Day 2020
Women should be an equal partner to address social, economic and political challenges across the globe. United Nations is taking efforts for women empowerment. The UN with other agencies is promoting womens participation in achieving sustainable development, peace, security and full respect for human rights.
The strongest action for a woman is to love herself, be herself, and shine amongst those who never believed she could. Unknown
In 1996, the UN began to adopt an annual theme for every year. Their first theme was Celebrating the Past, Planning for the Future.
The following table shows the official theme of IWD for the current and past few years.
|Equality for Women is Progress for All|
A Long Ladder To The Top
More than a century since the womenâs suffrage movement begins and decades of vigorous activism later, women in a vast number of the worldâs countries can vote by the 1980s. In contrast, women are still fighting to take on leadership positions today. How far have we come?
The first UN legal and political framework to recognize that war impacts women differently and to call for womenâs participation in conflict prevention and resolution.
A set of eight time-bound goals unanimously adopted by world leaders to end poverty with a 15-year deadline. In 2015, the world reflects on progress and gaps, and develops its next transformative agenda: The Sustainable Development Goals.
Don’t Miss: Gold Toe Women’s Socks
Womens Day Messages For Girlfriend
The love and care which your girlfriend showers on you can never be described in words. She makes you a better person every day with her valuable advice and suggestions. You can be yourself with her. This Womens Day, communicate your expressions of your love and admiration to her with these heart-winning special messages for girlfriend telling her how special she is to you.
Every successful man is has a woman who is always a step forward of him. That woman is you, sweetheart. Wishing you a Happy Womens Day!
Why Do We Celebrate Womens Day On March 8
As we have seen earlier, IWD has a rich history of over 100 years. The Socialist Party of America has first celebrated it in 1909 in New York City. It was a protest against long working hours, low pay and lack of voting rights.
IWD was originally celebrated as National Womens Day. And that was not on 8th March.
Earlier there were no voting rights to women in Soviet Russia. On 8th March 1917, Russian women protested and gain the right to vote in political elections.
And the day 8th March become the national holiday in Soviet Russia. The day was then celebrated as IWD.
Don’t Miss: Ideas For 50th Birthday Party Woman
Womens Day Quotes By Famous Personalities
Womens Day is the day to cherish all the ladies in our lives. It is a day to appreciate, respect, and love the women in our lives, and the women who are in our lives. Although it is a day for women, it is also a day to cherish the women in the world and the struggles that they have gone through to get us to where we are now.
For many, Womens Day is a day to get together with friends and family to enjoy a special dinner. For others, it is a day to honor and celebrate the women who have contributed their time, energy, and love to make our lives better.
Theres something about a woman with a loud mind that sits in silence, smiling, knowing she can crush you with the truth.
She remembered who she was and the game changed. Lalah Deliah
English Teacher Social Media Specialist And Content Writer
Emily is originally from New Zealand but has been living in the south of Spain for several years. She has a degree in Media Studies, a qualification in teaching English and a Postgraduate Certificate in International Education. As an experienced teacher who has worked in a variety of settings, she strongly believes that access to education is a fundamental human right and that it is a key element in making the world a better place. For Emily, empathy, kindness and positivity are also important values which she transmits in all areas of her life. She is passionate about helping people and advocating for womens rights which is what led her to join Women Going Beyond. As a keen traveler who loves engaging with other cultures, she feels inspired to make a positive impact in countries where the female population is unfairly disadvantaged.
Recommended Reading: Plus Size Women’s Boutique Clothing
Quick Quotes From Women Leaders For International Womens Day
On March 8, the whole world celebrated International Womens Day. This year, the campaign theme is #balanceforbetter, encouraging everyone help create balance towards a better working world. Everyone has a part to play, and this theme provides a unified direction to guide and galvanize continuous collective action.
Asia P3 Hub believes that complex challenges in the world today cannot be solved by one sector alone. The different sectors business, government, academia and non-governmental organisations must work together and harness the power of diverse resources to tackle the problems we face. And to create a balanced world, we believe that partnerships are essential!
Using the hands out balance pose for a strong call for others to take action, here are what some women leaders in our community have to say about #balanceforbetter and #balanceinpartnerships:
#balanceforbetter campaign does not end on International Womens Day. We must continuously inspire people and promote collective action towards a better and balanced world.
We want to hear from you too! Share your thoughts with us by writing your response below.
Join our community to receive updates from us by signing up at our website! And like us on , and , too!
Work Hard Strike Hard
What would you do without clean clothes for weeks? In 1945, Dubliners in Ireland learn the hard way. Tired of unhealthy work conditions, low wages, overtime and limited leave, around 1,500 unionized laundresses go on strike:
We leave it all to you… To gain what we are due.
Commercial laundries get hit, a big business at the time. More than three months later, the strike ends on a victory and gives all Irish workers a statutory second week of annual holidays.
You May Like: Old Navy Hoodies For Women
Best Womens Day Quotes
These International Womens Day quotes will lift your spirits and charge you in the direction of success with full force. Dont forget to share these Womens Day quotes with other women in your life to remind them of how strong they are. Share these quotes as Womens Day wishes and messages with all the incredible ladies you know!
Here have a look at these inspirational Womens Day quotes for 2022 by Kamala Das, Malala Yousafzai, Indra Nooyi and other influential women from across the world.
- Extremists have shown what frightens them the most: girl with a book. Malala Yousafzai, Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Womens Day Quote By Malala
- I have learned over the years that when ones mind is made up, this diminishes fears knowing what must be done does away with fear. Rosa Parks, American activist in the civil rights movement
- I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles. Audrey Hepburn, British actress, humanitarian
- The most beautiful thing a woman can wear is confidence. Womens Day Quotes 2022 by Blake Lively, American actress
- Having a girl is a plus, not a minus. Sania Mirza, Tennis Ace
- If one man can destroy everything, why cant one girl change it? Malala Yousafzai
- I am no bird and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will. Charlotte Brontë.
Oprah Quote on International Womens Day
Quotes International Womens Day 2022
71. When the world tells you to shrink, expand. Elaine Welteroth
72. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt
73. Human rights are womens rights and womens rights are human rights. Hillary Clinton
74. Always be a first-rate version of yourself instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. Judy Garland
75. There is always light. Only if we are brave enough to see it. There is always light. Only if we are brave enough to be it. Amanda Gorman
76. Dont mistake politeness for lack of strength. Sonia Sotomayor
77. Life is not what you alone make it. Life is the input of everyone who touched your life and every experience that entered it. We are all part of one another. Yuri Kochiyama
78. I lead from the heart, not the head. Princess Diana
79. I dont believe in failure. Its not a failure if you enjoy the process. Oprah Winfrey
80. A wise woman wishes to be no ones enemy a wise woman refuses to be anyones victim. Maya Angelou
Don’t Miss: Women’s Hospital Of Texas